M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation invite students from your esteemed institution to participate in a Winter Camp(Residential) we are organising for Law College/University Students from the 22nd – 27th December, 2016 at the Eco-Ashram, Thano, Dehradun.
Course Theme: “Environmental Justice : A Multi -Disciplinary Approach”
The environment is a heritage shared by all life collectively, but not equally. This disparity is the source of all suffering which environmental law, through its various statutes, agencies and precedents serves to eliminate. This course aims at developing an all round understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature of environment degradation, judicial implementation and people’s participation. By assessing key statutes, understanding implementation gap and discussing remedial measures, via means both educative and creative, the participants shall be equipped to form correct opinions and take appropriate action.
The Key themes for discussion will be:
- Environment and Pollution Laws: Basic Principles & Evolution
- Institutional Framework of Environmental Justice in India
III. Case Laws and Current Scenario of Environmental Enforcement
- Status Quo of National and State Policies Protecting Flora and Fauna
- International Environmental Conventions
- Environmental and social impact assesment among others
-Interaction with eminent experts, jurists, lawyers, government officials, environmentalists etc.
– Field Trip to Study Environment Related Issues in Rishikesh or Haridwar and witness the Aarti Ceremony at the banks of Mother Ganga. Activities will also be conducted during field trip such as cleanliness drives, awareness drives etc.
– Jungle Treks / Nature Walks and Bird Watching
– Resource Material on Selected Topics Related to the Course Theme
– Yoga Sessions and Exercise
– Interaction with local villagers to understand Sustainable Living
– Cultural Evening and other fun activities etc.
– Group Discussions / Debates or other participative events
– Special Lectures under Peepal Trees
– Fruit Trees and Rare Birds within the Campus
– Certificate of Participation made of Recycled Paper
Regular Registration Fee: Rs. 11,000/-. (Registration Closes at 23:59 p.m. on 08/12/2016)
Early Bird Registration Fee: Rs 10,000 – (Early Bird Registration closes at 23:59 p.m. on 27/11/2016).
Group Registration Fee ( Group of 3 or more persons): Rs. 9,500/- per student.
If you feel that this Camp will be beneficial to your students or any acquaintance, we request you to make them aware of this Camp through circulars and/or by displaying the program details and the link to the registration form on your notice boards or via any other medium you may consider suitable and extend to them our invitation to attend this Camp.
A Pamphlet containing all details about the Camp has been attached for your perusal. Registration can be done on: https://goo.gl/J93jjW