ProBono India In Association With Kamendu Joshi & Associates Advocates, Corporate Attorneys & Legal Consultants Presents 1st Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam International Socio-Legal Film Making Competition 2017.
– Any person/organization/institutions etc. from India, foreign countries can participate in the competition.
– Film must cover Social and Legal aspects.
– Film must not be duration of more than 5 minutes.
– Film should carry originality i.e. contain on ground work. It should not be compilation
of different clips from YouTube or any other sources.
– Film could be in any language. It must have English sub-title.
– Film should have not been submitted to anywhere.
– There should not be any copyright violation. Proper references to be cited at proper places.
– Film to be uploaded on YouTube with proper title and description of the film. Film must not be uploaded anywhere i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. or communicated to anybody until result is announced.
Violation of this guideline will lead to disqualification of entry. YouTube link is more convenient than DVD/CD submission as it can be shared easily with judges/panelist across the country.
– YouTube link to be sent to email@example.com alongwith filled in registration form.
– Film to be submitted by March 31, 2017
– Results will be declared by April 20, 2017
Judging the entries
– Entries will be judged by panel of judges from Filmmaking, Sociology, Public Policy, Legal Background.
– Filmmaking skills will be judged by Chitrapat Communication, Ahmedabad and its associates, group circle, film makers, experts in film making. Social aspects to be judged by experts from Sociology, Public Policy and Legal aspects by law professors, professionals, experts.
– Marking Pattern : – Social Aspects 35 Marks, Legal Aspects 35 Marks, Filmmaking Skill 30 Marks.
These marks can be divided in further small part as per judges’convenience.
– Certificates, Cash prizes & Mementos will be given to best three entries. First Rank
Rs. 5,000, Second Rank Rs. 3,000 & Third Rank Rs. 2,000. In case of tie, entry will be sent to experts for further evaluation.
– All entries will be given a certificate of participation for submission.
Outcome of the competition
– Competition will result in some thought provoking piece of works.
– Organizer will compile selected videos in proper form.
– Compilation in form of CD will be sent to different institutions including NSD, New Delhi, FTTI, Pune, universities, ministries and government departments etc.
– Compilation also will be uploaded on YouTube.
– It is complete matter of discretion for the organizer to prepare compilation or not.
– Compilation will only be possible if good qualities of films are received in sufficient numbers.